This is a great, healthy dish for spring, using lots of spring veggies.
– 16 ounces of pasta (usually 1 bag – I use penne or some other shape that is similar to cut pieces of asparagus) – boil according to package directions
– 4-5 cups of asparagus chopped into 1 to 2 inch pieces – add to boiling pasta 2 minutes before the pasta is done
In another pan, a few minutes before the pasta is done:
– about 4 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 cup of green onions, chopped
– grated lemon peel from 1 lemon
– juice of 1 lemon
Heat just through, and then add:
– 2 teaspoons of dried dill (or you can use about 2 tablespoons of fresh dill, which is in season now too!)
– salt to taste
– the pasta/asparagus
Stir it all together and enjoy!